MY OTHER BLOG

If you got here because I commented and you were directed to this blog, it is because Blogger will not show both blogs. So you can get to my Pat's Posts, by clicking this link..my miscellany, the first blog while this is just about books.

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Rediscover the Saints by Matthew Kelly

 One of several from last year 2022 and one that I would not normally post to the reading blog as I will keep it on my Biblical Spiritual resources shelf.  Our parish made these available  free to us and I appreciated that.  Recently though I decided to gift a copy to a Protestant friend in NC who recently posted on FB about  reading a book on St Teresa.  This little book i118 pages, paperback s not one of just describing the lives of saints. .  Matthew Kelly poses 25 questions and using examples of saints guides us along. 



 In his introduction, "Amazing Possibilities" Page 9, he offers two questions that confront us all still today and have to people throughout the ages:   Are you satisfied with the direction the world is moving in?  .  Are you satisfied with your life?   He introduces this with reminding us that we are capable of so much more than we think.  Page 11 he mentions that the saints are great teachers and are always swirling around us.  This is something I grew up believing, exposed to saints all my life by Church, Catechism, and most of all my grandmother.  I still have  my favorite go to saints today, perhaps the top is St Anthony whom I refer to as Tony.  IO say we are on a first name basis because I call on him constantly when I've misplaced something.  There is a little prayer which has become familiar to many even Protestants, St Anthony, St Anthony please come round,   something is lost and must be found."  So I just call on Tony and drop  the search I might have been into looking for whatever.  He never fails me, it always turns up sometimes immediately sometimes  later in the day, sometimes the next day.  

The Table of Contents follows.  




This is the  beginning with the First Saint, someone  whom I had not considered ever before as the first saint, Dismays, the name was not familiar.  But aha at the conclusion of this one, the thief on the cross ..  
Page 8, concludes St Dismas, ...They say that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.  If I could lean in close to you and whisper something in your ear it would be this:  "If there are pieces of your past that are weighing you down it's time ...."

If I were to rate this  it would be  5 ***** but as  I mentioned it has a permanent place now on my resources shelf.  It is more than casual reading, one to ponder from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment