MY OTHER BLOG

If you got here because I commented and you were directed to this blog, it is because Blogger will not show both blogs. So you can get to my Pat's Posts, by clicking this link..my miscellany, the first blog while this is just about books.

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

Francine Rivers is a very decent intriguing, Christian author.  Her books are usually sagas and I always enjoy them.  This one published in 2010 caught my attention at the local book sale, I had not read it and it did not disappoint me. There are 496 pages which includes the author's notes at the back explaining how she came to write this book.

  It occurs between  early 1900's and 1950's and is about the relationships between mothers and daughter and how intentions are not always perceived as they are meant.  I really related to this book.  It begins with Marta Schneider a young Swiss immigrant who dreams of owning her own boarding house until marriage and motherhood change  her plans.  She vows to raise strong children but her very tough love at times is misunderstood by Hildemara Rose her oldest daughter.  The family  moves east to Northern California so that also resonated with me being very familiar with the places after spending  over 40 years of my life there.  .

I was amazed to read the  author's notes, narrative of several pages at the end of the book describing how she decided to write this saga, which is the first of a two book series. I will have to get the second  book, Her Daughter's Dream.  Below is the first and last of these pages.


I passed this book along to a friend so best to get this post up although perhaps incomplete.  I could relate to the difficulty between mother and daughter somewhat reflecting on my own relationship with my Mom.  Different scenario, but similar theme.  Recommend this fully,  4 stars.****

No comments:

Post a Comment